HR Associate/Office Coordinator
Strategic Management Services, LLC, is seeking an HR Associate/Office Coordinator to be responsible for Human Resources and Office Management functions.
The HR Associate/Office Coordinator provides HR support functions to include but not limited to:
- Process paperwork for new hires and terminations.
- Assist with recruiting of new hires.
- Prepare and maintain employee files ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality; i.e., unemployment claims, verifications, I9 status, state regulations, profit sharing plan history, profit sharing data, correspondence, reports, forms and tracking of pay adjustment.
- Assist attorney with H1B Immigration information and processing.
- Process I9 Documents using E-Verify.
- Conduct Background Screening.
- Provide benefit orientations and process enrollments (including COBRA). Handle employee benefit inquiries and arrange ongoing employee education presentations.
- Research insurance options annually for open enrollment and maintain ongoing administration of employee benefit programs, such as medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, group life insurance, voluntary life, accident and disability, 401k retirement plan.
- Maintain and verify the group insurance policy monthly invoice calculation; maintain statistical data relative to premiums and reporting; Knowledge of ACA Laws is helpful; Resolve administrative issues with the carrier representatives.
- 401k Administration to include education, enrollment, bi-weekly employee contributions and annual employer contributions. General knowledge of laws and regulations.
- Work closely with insurance broker and 401k financial advisor to ensure compliance.
- Maintain Business Insurance to include annual renewals for Workers Comp, Business Owners, Auto, Cyber and Professional Liability; Annual Workers Comp Audit.
- Maintain and update company phone directory and other requested reports as needed.
The HR Associate/Office Coordinator provides Office Management support functions to include but not limited to:
- Maintains the condition of the office and arranges for necessary repairs.
- Monitors office supplies inventory. Reviews and approves office supply acquisitions.
- Provides new hire office tour orientations and introductions.
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord.
- Manages contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office lease.
- Assists with the planning, preparation, and coordination of internal and external employee morale events or other company functions.
- Assists with preparing internal and external catering orders.
- Serves as back-up to the Front Office Receptionist.
The HR Associate/Office Coordinator provides accounting assistance to the Accounting Associate as needed.
- Bachelor degree (Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, or a related discipline, or in a relevant field).
- Possesses at least three years of relevant HR experience, ideally working for a small company and responsible for handling various facets of HR.
- Possesses at least one year Office Management experience.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality and dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Possesses understanding and knowledge of various human resources concepts, including Virginia labor laws and compliance.
- Skilled in MS Office 2007 software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to integrate information from multiple sources and think creatively.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to exercise ethical conduct.
- Knowledge of company policies/procedures and benefit package or the ability and willingness to learn.
All candidates must pass a background check and drug screening prior to employment. Local candidates preferred.
Commensurate with experience Benefits including medical, dental and 401K.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes through the online form.