Steven Forman, CPA
Senior Vice PresidentCorporate Headquarters
5911 Kingstowne Village Parkway
Alexandria, VA 22315
Mr. Forman is a certified public accountant with over 14 years experience with Strategic Management Services and operates out of the Boca Raton, Florida Office. The scope of his responsibilities include developing and implementing compliance programs; financial/legal fact-finding; assessing organization vulnerabilities and risks; focused analyses and operational reviews; implementing effective monitoring systems; testing internal compliance controls; developing/delivering compliance education and training programs; and working with senior management/Boards in developing strategic plans. His most recent projects included evaluating the compliance programs for two major hospital systems and serving as the acting compliance officer for a third provider.
Mr. Forman has served in both the federal government and private sector in auditing, monitoring, management control, financial management and compliance. Expertise and core competencies include:
- Developing, implementing, evaluating, and upgrading compliance programs for over 40 organizations.
- Clients included large integrated systems, managed care organizations, and other providers.
- Acting as a designated compliance officer for clients.
- Extensive experience in audit planning, conducting reviews and ensuring audit resolution.
- Assisting clients in negotiating CIA terms with the OIG.
- Performing IRO reviews for organizations under Corporate Integrity Agreements.
- Conducting audits of hotline operations.
- Developing programs to evaluate and test internal compliance controls.
- Providing support in response to HIPAA administrative simplification requirements.
- Assisting federal grantee clients with meeting terms of their funding and addressing concerns of federal regulators.
Previous Work Experience
Mr. Forman served over ten years as Vice President, Internal Audit and Compliance for New York-Presbyterian Hospital where he was responsible for Internal Audit, Corporate Compliance, and the HIPAA Privacy program for the number one rated acute care provider in New York State. He provided services to the “flag ship” hospital and 11 “sponsored” system hospitals. In addition, Mr. Forman previously served as the Director of the Division of Resource Management and Operations for the DHHS Office of Inspector General (OIG) where his responsibilities included management controls and work planning programs. He developed annual work plans that outlined the major enforcement initiatives undertaken by the OIG in areas of fraud, waste and abuse and oversaw the OIG internal control review program. His duties extended to providing oversight for the annual grants to State Medicaid Fraud Control Units. Prior to that he was the Executive Director of the National Association of Government Accountants (AGA). He also served as the Deputy Controller for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).