Outsourcing Compliance Programs to Interim and Designated Compliance Officers
Webinar Date/Time: October 2, 2014 at 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ESTAccess Free Webinar ›
View Our Webinars×
Learn about the emerging trend of health care organizations to outsource parts or all of their compliance programs to experts. When is it appropriate and when should it be avoided? Hear lessons learned from outside experts acting as outsourced compliance officers.
The presentation will be by two recognized national experts on the subject, Strategic Management’s Senior Vice President and Former Chief Inspector for the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Jim Cottos, who has served as an Interim Compliance Officer for eight different organizations and Camella Boateng, Strategic Management’s Vice President, MPH, CHC, who has served as both Interim and Designated Compliance and Privacy Officer for health care organizations. In 60 minutes of expert presentation followed by responding to individual questions, you’ll get answers on key issues such as:
- Why would anyone want to outsource any part of their compliance program?
- Why has outsourcing of compliance services become a new trend?
- When is it advisable to take this course of action?
- What advantages are there for an outside expert?
- What are the benefits of outsourcing compliance functions?
- What do they bring that is not available in house?
- What types of compliance services are being outsourced?
- What is the difference between an Interim and Designated Compliance Officers?
- Using a Designated Privacy Officer to supplement a compliance program.
- What is OIG position on using outside experts as Interim/Designated Compliance Officers?
- Over what period of time can or should you use an outside expert as your Compliance Officer?
- How do you select someone to be a contracted Compliance Officer?
- What duties responsibilities can outside experts assume on behalf of the compliance program?
- What qualifications should someone have to become an outsourced Compliance Officer?
Who Should Attend?
- Board Members
- Corporate Compliance Officers
Sponsored by Strategic Management Services, LLC (Strategic Management), a company providing compliance advisory services since 1993. For more information regarding Strategic Management visit www.compliance.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Camella Boateng at 703-683-9600 ext. 414.