Complimentary Webinar: Ongoing Monitoring and Auditing of the Hotline
Webinar Date/Time: November 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM EDT
As part of Wolters Kluwer’s Healthcare Compliance and Reimbursement Webinar Series, Strategic Management Services is presenting a free webinar on Thursday, November 15th on monitoring and auditing of hotline operations. We will provide a step-by-step review of how to conduct ongoing monitoring and auditing of the hotline to ensure it is operating effectively in the compliance program. The webinar will be led by hotline experts, Richard Kusserow, former HHS Inspector General and CEO of Strategic Management, and Daniel Peake, Business Development Specialist for the Compliance Resource Center, a subsidiary of Strategic Management that provides tools and solutions for compliance program operations.
The webinar will discuss several topics related to ongoing monitoring and auditing of hotlines including how to:
- Differentiate between ongoing monitoring and auditing
- Evaluate the structure and operation of the hotline
- Audit the effectiveness of hotline vendor services
- Verify the existence and operation of key hotline-related policies
- Conduct document reviews of the operation
- Gain feedback from staff, employees and managers
- Review logs and tracking data
- Address document security and management
- Review the roles of Legal, Compliance, and HR in addressing complaints
Richard Kusserow is the CEO of Strategic Management Services and former Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services, and is a nationally-recognized expert on hotlines. He has over 30 years of experience in establishing, managing, and evaluating hotline operations. This includes having established and managed the third largest hotline vendor service in the country. Read his full bio here.
Daniel Peake is the Business Development Specialist for Compliance Resource Center (CRC). He works with healthcare organizations, Compliance Officers, and executives to provide necessary tools and solutions for maintaining compliance with federal and state requirements. CRC offers ethics and compliance hotline services, sanction and exclusion screening and verification services, policy resources and databases, compliance surveys, and compliance training.