Deborah J. Hall is President of ARC Advisors, LLC, a national consulting practice specializing in organizational integrity, governance and risk/compliance for the healthcare industry. In this role, Deborah leverages her experience in both management consulting and healthcare executive leadership to assist clients on a project basis or in an interim management role. She sees the “big picture” while evaluating process accountability and effectiveness; she utilizes deep functional expertise to identify compliance and audit exposure across the enterprise. A strategic thinker and inclusive team builder, Deborah brings a calm demeanor and controls-based analysis approach to resolve complex business challenges.
- Compliance Programs Assessments: Evaluated compliance programs for numerous healthcare providers nationwide—from academic medical centers to physician practices—against OIG benchmarks. Provided reactive and proactive analysis of seven individual elements and road maps for corrective action, effectively positioning clients for external reviews.
- Compliance Leadership: Designed and led national compliance program for 106 managed acute care and Critical Access Hospitals. Restructured department to four FTEs, reduced department budget by $500K and decreased hospital incident tracking from 48 days response time to two days within first year.
- Compliance Due Diligence: Designed due diligence program to identify and prioritize risk across Physician Practice acquisitions. Provided oversight of due diligence program in key risk areas related to regulatory environment and reactive risk profile.
- Process Improvement: Conducted revenue cycle redesign that reduced regulatory fine from $2M to $1M for Medicare and Medicaid dual eligibility claims for large hospital system in southeast. Revised 28 individual revenue cycle policies, operational process and management reporting aligned within claims billing.
- Organizational Integrity: Provided interim leadership for post-acute healthcare organization—with 65 locations across 17 states—that delivered facility and home care to chronic pediatric patients. Created and implemented compliance program within core operations and clinical processes.
- Audit Plans: Built multi-year audit programs for internal audit and compliance functions at Ivy League university, resulting in implementation of proactive risk model across enterprise.
- Risk Assessment: Directed enterprise-wide evaluations for financial services and healthcare clients, among others. Introduced risk evaluation methodology—identification, rating, ranking and prioritization process—to help senior leaders understand and determine risk tolerance, as well as execute proper response.
- Revenue Cycle: Reduced revenue leakage and improved revenue integrity post-Epic implementation for a nine-hospital system in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. Designed control assessment and distributed 30 Visio process flows and control-gap analysis documents from patient access through collections.
Previous Work Experience
CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER, COLONIAL HEALTHCARE | Nashville, TN, SC, NC | 2016—Present
CORPORATE VP, COMPLIANCE—QUORUM HEALTH | Nashville, Tennessee | 2015—2016
COMPLIANCE OFFICER—VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER | Nashville, Tennessee | 2014—2015
VP, AUDIT & COMPLIANCE / CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER—PSA HEALTHCARE | Atlanta, Georgia | 2011—2014
SENIOR DIRECTOR—HURON HEALTHCARE | Atlanta, Georgia | 2007—2011
DIRECTOR OF AUDIT & ASSURANCE SERVICES—MEMORIAL HEALTH | Savannah, Georgia | 2005—2007
SENIOR DIRECTOR, RISK ADVISORY SERVICES—KPMG, LLP | Atlanta, Georgia | 2000-2005